Nick Sabalausky Wrote:

> Yea, the other thing he said about it that really raised my eyebrow was that
> "an array carries around no bounds information". Where the hell did he get
> that?

This one threw me for a bit. What he is saying is that D tried to improve on
the "an array carries no bounds information" by including bounds for arrays. He
thinks it is better to wrap it in the class/struct to handle it. As he said he
likes C/C++ and just wants the syntax cleaned up, not additions to the
language...

I don't agree... He misses the point that then everyone must provide a proper
wrapper around their array operations.

> And the whole "all of the functions that work with [strings] are just
> sitting around in the global namespace"...Uhh...what global namespace?

As I implied he wants all operations bundled up in a String class. But yeah,
there isn't a global namespace.