kennytm:

> I've created a patch* for dangling else checking.

I have not yet compiled and tried your code, but from what I see all the design
decisions you have taken are good, including the error message (I think it
doesn't need to contain "dangling else" because that's a different thing), the
cases you accept and you refuse, the use of the -d switch, etc).

> You can disable the check with the -d flag.

If this is true, then I suggest to give a hint about this in the error message
too. So I suggest to add to the error message the word "deprecated".

Thank you,
bearophile
~~ D: Getting better one micro step each week - Continental drift for the win ~~