On 9/3/11 5:41 AM, Christophe wrote:
1. provide an alias void delegate(const(char)[]) Sink; This should
be in std.conv; or std.format;, because nobody wants to add it to
every single module and if there is a standard way to handle it, no
maintenance programmer will be confused by alias.

it needs to go into object.di, because Object needs it.

Object could, in theory, just use delegate(const(char)[]). But I agree
that putting it in object.di would be the cleanest solution.

I disagree. void delegate(const(char)[]) means something, whereas Sink
is rather obscure.
Providing the alias in the library seems fine, but
providing it in the langage is too much IMO.

Even in the library "Sink" is too vague to be useful as a top-level symbol.

Andrei

I am quite sure that useful is the same as short/too vague in this case. Are you suggesting not to add an alias at all?