Well, the problem here is that you mix an argument and its negation
in an illogical way. You simultaneously assume that Tiobe got D's
position wrong at #20 and Scala's position correctly at #50.

Yet you keep on ignoring the obvious reason why D's stats are so wrong. I didn't "assume" it, I gave obvious reasons for it.

Wonder why you took that out on me and others. One thing I try to do is
not get in the position of saying things that I'm sorry about later on.

Considering that Tiobe has a bad reputation which has been mentioned both on this board and on reddit multiple times, and both bearophile and Don had reservations about the Tiobe "news", I think I have some justification in saying should have shown some restraint in touting Tiobe.