On 9/23/2011 11:25 PM, Robert Jacques wrote:
On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 15:53:46 -0400, Jonathan M Davis
<jmdavisp...@gmx.com> wrote:

No. I cannot build an efficient and safe appender on this API.

The resize() fix you requested is going to get implemented. I just haven't actually added it yet. The allocate() fix with block attributes, however, is not because:

1. You can just call addRegion/removeRegion yourself after allocating, so it just adds bloat.

2. A major purpose of RegionAllocator and probably several other allocators is to avoid the GC lock. I don't want anything that could lock to be implicit unless the only alternative is failure.