El 19/10/2011 20:12, dsimcha escribió:
== Quote from Don (nos...@nospam.com)'s article
The hack must go.

No.  Something as simple as sqrt(2) must work at all costs, period.  A language
that adds a bunch of silly complications to something this simple is
fundamentally
broken.  I don't remember your post on implicit preferred conversions, but IMHO
implicit conversions of integer to double is a no-brainer.  Requiring something
this simple to be explicit is Java/Pascal-like overkill on explicitness.

Completely agree.

I call that uncluttered programming. No excessive explicitness should be necessary when what you mean is obvious (under some simple conventions). Leads to clearer code.