On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 10:37:33 +0100, Steve Teale <steve.te...@britseyeview.com> wrote:

I'm sure that there's quite a long list, but two things I've bumped into
with using the MySQL protocol are:

1) We don't have SHA1 - I know there are people working on this. I've
done a version that is as close to the reference C implementation as I
could make myself keep it. This may be useful as a check for others doing
more efficient implementations. If you want it, please let me know.

I have a complete set of hashing functions (the original code which became the modules now present in Tango) I just need to tidy them up, add documentation, etc.. I don't know when I will get around to it however.

Related issue is should we have std.digest instead of std.md5

Agreed. Or std.crypto.digest or similar if we want to expand into the other areas of cryptography.