Am 24.10.2011, 09:55 Uhr, schrieb Gor Gyolchanyan <gor.f.gyolchan...@gmail.com>:

Making a general-purpose parser is the secondary issue. The primary
issue is having a D parser.

I feel like we should make a list of feature that everyone wants the parser to support and go the better safe than sorry approach. It would be a pity if the frontend could do only one thing well, but not be used as a real compiler frontend for example.

o  generates a representation that can be used by a backend: compiler
o  internal representation can be updated incrementally: IDE
o  understands multiple versions of D: "Gofix"
o can be queried about inferred stuff: pureness, auto, transitive attributes: IDE o allows iteration over code elements or hooks/callbacks (e.g. onEnumDecleration(...)): DDoc, "Gofix"

While there has been work done for a compiler I didn't look at the code to see if it is usable for any other use case.