On 2011-10-26 13:44, Gor Gyolchanyan wrote:
That's the problem - no working build tool exists for D.
Why don't you like the idea of integrating build information in source
code? I mean, that information does not change for a given source
file.

* The compiler should only do one thing: compile code

* I think the best approach would be to have a complete language for the build scripts. Should the compiler now start to parse comments as well for finding code? How would it tell the difference between a build script and some arbitrary code that is commented out.

* I think that it would be good if if you could invoke arbitrary tasks/actions (think make, rake) using the build tool and that's not what a compiler should do

* If the build script adds import paths you have to make sure that the source file containing the build script always is handle first by the compiler

* It's just ugly

--
/Jacob Carlborg