02.11.2011 8:23, Caligo пишет:
I just found out that Bitbucket finally offers Git support.  I wonder,
would anyone else like to see GDC switch to Git?  I would like to kindly
make a request because it would make things little easier.

What things? I see, that every one switches to Git, but what the purpose? I don't have a deep knowledge about DVCS-s, but I'm really interested in what Git functionality is missing in Hg for you?

Is it:
* discarding previously pulled branches;
* pruning old revision data from the local repository;
* unlimited number of parent revisions during a merge;
* rebasing;
* infinite power of `git-push --force`?

Only the first one looks good for me, but the last one scares me because you can loose the remote repository (and I really sow it frightens people). Others are looking seldom applicable.

So why does Git advantages worth:
* Git complexity (in comparison with Hg);
* ability to loose the remote repository;
* lack of file rename/copy support;
* periodic maintenance with git-gc?

I don't hate Git. I just don't understand the current opinion and would be glad if someone will base is for me, TIA.