On 11/14/11 12:09 PM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 22:01:49 +0200, Andrei Alexandrescu
<seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> wrote:

After looking through the top answers I inferred that the percentage
is around 2% and declining.

This is a bad measurement. Technically-inclined people are more likely
to fine-tune their web browsing experience. The best metrics would be of
d-p-l.org visitors.

However, making the website accessible without JS is so easy, it's not
really worth arguing about.

Reminder: there are people in this community (myself included) who have
web programming experience and would gladly help out. Don't be afraid to
ask.

By this I am asking. Let's do this - finish this pass, and then make sure things work properly without javascript. From what I understand that's not difficult.

You'd probably see it if you enabled javascript. The idea is that
streaming Twitter news adds dynamism to the page, which encourages
repeat visits. I don't see anything wrong with using such a technology
to keep people informed. We're not in the business of creating news
aggregators.

Speaking of which, the twitter widget needs to be placed in an iframe so
that it doesn't block the page load (inline scripts cause browsers to
stop parsing the page until the script is loaded and executed, which
creates a network dependency on a website we don't control).

Yah, good point. That raises additional issues but probably needs to be done at some point.