On 11/15/11 5:54 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
"Andrei Alexandrescu"<seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org>  wrote in message

Java does not allow one to write a free function (which stands in the way
of it being imperative)

For all I know it's possible I might not be technically correct, but I've
always understood imperative as meaning that it typically executes one
statement, then the next, then the next, etc, as opposed to being
declarative where the flow of execution isn't so step-by-step. That makes
Java every bit as much imperative as it is OO, if not more imperative than
OO (with Smalltalk being much more heavily OO than Java).

Sorry, I had "procedural" in mind when I wrote that.