On 11/16/2011 5:17 AM, Mafi wrote:
Am 16.11.2011 07:48, schrieb Walter Bright:
I agree with you, which is why the D site has never used typical forum
software. I've not seen one that preserved the tree like structure of
conversations. They mash them all flat and spread them out over endless
pages.

What about mwforum (http://www.mwforum.org/)? It uses a tree-structure and jumps
for you to the newest post. It works great and is fast even though it uses Perl
CGI.

Not bad, but no way to mark a posting as 'read', so no way to tell what you haven't read yet.

I really do not understand why people keep writing replacements for newsreaders that miss fundamentally useful aspects of it.