On 11/17/2011 9:02 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
Walter Bright Wrote:
1. compact, threaded view

You have to acknowledge that a lot of people don't see this as
newsgroups getting it right.

I'm completely opposed to it. (recursive*) Threaded views aren't just
suboptimal.
They are a *bad* thing. It was progress to ditch that misfeature, and it pains
me that so many people want it anyway.

I am often involved simultaneously in dozens of threaded conversations. How you can possibly deal with that using a flat, chronological sort on all the messages is beyond my comprehension.

Even Digg gave up on that and went to a threaded view.

I also use a threaded view of my email messages.