On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 11:01:31 +0200, Maxim Fomin <ma...@maxim-fomin.ru> wrote:

In D, when compiler generate "interface" it effectively dumps
implementation in .di file.

This is what i meant by saying it doesn't make sense, it is an auto-generated file. You can argue about .di shortcomings but you can't compare them to header files.

Furthermore, considering problems with libraries, written in GC language,
and broken shared libraries support in linux (probably it is fixed
now, i looked this issue several month ago)
writing libraries in D is full of surprises.

Other than having a big C++ code base, shared libraries were my biggest troubles with D as well. I am still waiting for a final solution (kept me from using D so far), which i think have the highest priority.

I tried to write a lib and a project, which used that lib separately,
but came to conclusion
that the best choice it to pull lib code to project one.
And it is not a biggest problem, because dmd produces 700 kb
executable for hello word program.

AFAIK executable size problems was temporary. And dmd still lacks a shared standard library, everything is static linked.