On 11/30/2011 11:32 PM, Abrahm wrote:
"Jesse Phillips"<jessekphillip...@gmail.com>  wrote in message
news:jb6qfv$1kut$1...@digitalmars.com...
What bearophile was referring to was the use of templates is common.

Are you sure about that? What say you Bear?

D's
templates have the advantage of being easier on the eyes and more
powerful (with the inclusion of 'static if' in the language).

Having "come from" C++land, and knowing what some people do with it,
making it EASIER to apply templates does not seem necessarily a good
thing to me. (Ref: template metaprogramming). That said, does your
statement above about D's template machinery being "powerful" etc., mean
"it's easier to do template metaprogramming in D"? If so, I, personally,
do not find that any asset at all (though I know some surely will, for
there have been books written on that "abhorrence").

A lot of people from C++ backgrounds say this. What they miss is that template metaprogramming in C++ is so ugly because the language wasn't designed for it. In D you can do readable template metaprogramming.