On Sunday, 11 December 2011 at 22:01:06 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
And if we're going to really try and get the const issues sorted out, Walter really should look at Michel Fortin's changes which replace Rebindable.

And we definitely need to sort out what we want to be doing with const- correctness and object. Kenji did some pull requests related to that, but there were some issues, and I'm not quite sure where that all stands at the moment. It _is_ a major element in fixing const though.

- Jonathan M Davis

I concur, these two are major const issues.

Fixing Rebindable seems instrumental in fixing Variant if I understand the situation correctly. Fixing Variant is instrumental to fixing std.concurrency. A lot of issues are solved by going down this path.

As for Object - this week on IRC I had to explain to someone relatively new to D that the error he encountered was due to Object not being const-correct yet. Which surely sounds like a trivial problem to fix, but at least I could link to the discussion in the pull request to clarify that it isn't entirely straight-forward. This is definitely another source of frustration when working with const.