On Monday, 12 December 2011 at 05:33:29 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 12/11/2011 9:11 PM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Monday, 12 December 2011 at 05:08:28 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 12/11/2011 9:04 PM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
I began work on this and ported chmgen to D2. However, chmgen was written to operate on the files as they appear in the DMD zip files, not the ones on d-programming-language.org. How is the zip file documentation generated?

Do you mean it works on the html files rather than the dd files?

Yes, that's correct. It parses the HTML files with a few regular expressions to adjust the layout a bit and fix links. After all, CHM == "Compiled HTML Help".

Then add it to the makefile as depending on the html files, rather than the dd files. (The makefile generates the html files.)

Yes, that was what I was going to do. However, the layout of files generated for d-programming-language.org differs substantially from those included in the zip file, so I'm asking if there's a way to avoid having to modify chmgen to work with the d-p-l.org version.