There is a completely revamped version of std.process. It is being held up right now because DMD on windows depends on DMC for it's C runtime, and DMC has issues supporting pipes.

Walter should just release the few parts of the source code that according to Mehrdad are needed to get rid of it:

Right, but my point is, I could work around (I've gotten within inches of it!) it if simply Walter released a TINY part of snn.lib -- just a handful of tiny source
files regarding the TLS-related stuff, EXE segment markers, and whatnot.
(I've already raised this issue before, and precisely what we would need, but it seemed to go completely ignored.)