On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 20:07:37 -0800, bcs wrote:

> Likely the easiest way to ram that in in would be to pick one, design an
> interface, implement 3-5 concrete examples and submit a pull request.
> I.e. create a de-facto standard.
>
> I think there is already one in the works for DBs .

Haha, it is good to know your audience. I was going to make a similar
statement, but saw bearophile had made the post. Know is involvement in
the community I realized he wasn't asking to get these in, but as he says
poll for interest and opinions.

For such I don't really have much to comment. The only one of those I can
really understand what it would mean to have a standard protocol for is
the DB. The others, I'm not sure what it is solving that isn't addressed
by actually having it in Phobos (Why not have matrices and not just their
protocol?).