On 2011-12-14 09:03, Walter Bright wrote:
On 2011-12-13 21:47, torhu wrote:
I'm still using DMD 1.061, since there are very few remaining serious
compiler bugs. The compiler has gotten pretty good, so the incentive to
upgrade is not very strong. And I rarely need to ask questions about D1,
since I've been using it for 5 years now.

It's the same for me. But when I do ask questions everyone is
surprised that I
use D1.

Well, since torhu is using 1.061 and appears to be happy with it, it
doesn't look like he needs continuing support.

I would probably get by without support. But there are a few features I would really like before the development on D1 ends. I'm thinking particular on dynamic libraries.

The latest release was a great release which brought 64bit support to Mac OS X and new CTFE features. I wouldn't won't to miss that because I'm using D1. It seems CTFE is still not completely finished and I think it's sad that every feature in D1 won't be implemented.

Also, D1 isn't going to vanish in a puff of smoke. It'll still be there
on github and on the web site.

I know that.

--
/Jacob Carlborg