On Thursday, 15 December 2011 at 02:16:29 UTC, zhaopuming wrote:
By no means Twitter fan here, but I disagree. For Walter and myself
Twitter is an app - a convenient means to disseminate brief
announcements to those interested.

Something to note, twitter is blocked by the government in China , and dlang.org home page can not be fully loaded now due to this twitface
app. So IMHO it's not necessarily convenient at least to Chinese
D'evelopers (well, it's D Developers). It's the Chinese government to blame, but I surely hope this problem can be dealt with. After all, we were able to load dlang.org home page before twitter is integrated!

Wouldn't the iframe solution fix this too?

By the way, another problem with the twitter feed: it looks like utter crap on netbooks.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/anotherproblem.png