On 16-12-2011 19:27, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Friday, December 16, 2011 18:45:01 Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
On 12/16/11, Jonathan M Davis<jmdavisp...@gmx.com>  wrote:
It would also kill CTFE for stuff that isn't a template.

I never thought of that.. interesting, so if you want to hide your
sources your users won't be able to use CTFE. (I don't mind that, idc
about any closed-source D /libraries/).

Templates need to be in the .di file regardless, but for anything not in the
.di file, you can't inline it or use it in CTFE. As such, I'm generally very
much against the use of .di files. We've actually had some issues with stuff not
being CTFEable because its source wasn't in druntime's .di files.

- Jonathan M Davis

That does seem like a major drawback for anything open source.

- Alex