On Sunday, 18 December 2011 at 23:31:03 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
On 12/19/2011 12:24 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Sunday, 18 December 2011 at 23:18:22 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
You are right. I have had in mind a generational GC that uses a
copying collector for the nursery as this is what most
state-of-the-art VM GCs do.
These changes are too invasive for the language at this point, I
believe. We need to work with what we have.

I disagree. Code that relies on other semantics would just have to use conservative GC.

Please elaborate on how you would hypothetically change D to accustom such changes. I am having trouble imagining such an implementation that would not have a considerable impact on D's performance.