On 12/19/11 6:27 AM, torhu wrote:
On 19.12.2011 12:34, Henrik Nordvik wrote:
On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 8:27 AM, Vladimir Panteleev
<vladi...@thecybershadow.net> wrote:
On Monday, 19 December 2011 at 06:03:08 UTC, Henrik Nordvik wrote:

There's a page on the wiki:

http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?AllLibraries

That wasn't very updated. I checked a sample of the links, and a lot
were
dead, from 2003, 2004, 2006 etc.
With so many dead project I get the feeling that D is dead. I fact,
I have
found almost no active projects.

Well, it's a wiki... if you have a few minutes of free time, you
should edit
the page to help future readers.

Why are so many libraries abandoned?

D - the language without libraries.

Why are so many libraries abandoned?

This is no different from other languages, it's just that dsource.org
makes the dead projects highly visible by showing a complete list of all
projects. And there's no activity statistics or anything to show which
ones are still active.

Imagine how many thousands of dead C and Java projects there are on
SourceForge. I would guess that about 99% of all open source projects
are dead, it's just that you never hear about them.

The site dsource.org is quickly becoming a net liability for D. It seems the main issue is there is no time for even the smallest improvements, which have been asked for years.

Brad Anderson, what steps can we take to help you administer dsource.org? The community is growing and it has become relatively easy to get help with high-visibility projects. Please let us know.

Thanks,