On Wednesday, 21 December 2011 at 02:10:30 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Tuesday, December 20, 2011 17:32:53 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 12/20/11 2:58 PM, Marco Leise wrote:
> Am 19.12.2011, 19:08 Uhr, schrieb Walter Bright
> > <newshou...@digitalmars.com>:
>> On 12/16/2011 2:55 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>>> For example, in std.datetime there's "final class Clock". >>> It
>>> inherits
>>> nothing,
>>> and nothing can be derived from it. The comments for it >>> say it is
>>> merely a
>>> namespace. It should be a struct.
> functions: Make it a class." :)

Same here. If I had my way I'd rethink the name of those functions.
Having a cutesy prefix "Clock." is hardly justifiable.

It's not the only place in Phobos which uses a class as a namespace. I believe that both std.process and std.windows.registry are doing the same thing.

In this case, it nicely group all of the functions that are grabbing the time in one form or another. They're all effectively grabbing the time from the system clock, so they're grouped on Clock.

- Jonathan M Davis

Sounds like the perfect candidate for its own module.