On 28/12/11 6:15 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
On 12/28/2011 10:07 AM, Peter Alexander wrote:
The question is whether string should alias immutable(char)[] or
const(char)[].
In my experience (which is echoed in Phobos) is that const(char)[] is
used much
more often than immutable(char)[], so it should alias const(char)[].

If such a change is made, then people will use const string when they
mean immutable, and the values underneath are not guaranteed to be
consistent.

Then people should learn what const and immutable mean!

I don't think it's fair to dismiss my suggestion on the grounds that people don't understand the language.