On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 17:20:22 +0200, Vladimir Panteleev <vladi...@thecybershadow.net> wrote:

On Thursday, 29 December 2011 at 14:44:45 UTC, Don wrote:
I don't think the situation is any different with DMC. I think that if D isn't a systems programming lanugage, neither is C or C++ without vendor-specific extensions.

You're right... I've never extensively used a C/C++ compiler without similar extensions, though. The fact that major vendors come up with their own extensions to do many of the same features shows that they might have better been standardized.

Well i remember at most one or two supported me when i brought it up and Walter dismissed instantly.