Not that you really need it.
Things move forward. Phobos becomes more and more reliable and usable, It seems that the accepting "Foreign modules/Fixes situation" is better than ever. So it looks like things went into the right direction.... unfortunately not for me.

Let  me tell you in a second or two about my world.
Creating huge database based multinational applications (likewise multinational/lingual Accounting - Order Sys.)

As said, I have to create Database applications, consuming SOAP respective REST Services. Targets are Desktop(WIN only), WEB and Smart Devices. All of them have to interop.

So why not using D ? (Which I would like to do)

DB Support..
Not yet available. In case that Steve Teale (and he did a dammed good Job, as well as Piotr) will add std.database this will not change the situation significantly. 'Cause std.database will contain just rudimentary DB support.. A Database independent, ORM based library module is not even matter of discussion. That's a pity.

GUI..
    Well for us Windoze is the only interesting Desktop platform.
A _reasonable_ GUI is not available yet.(D-GUI looks pretty good,though)
WEB Development is for sure doable in D, reusable Frameworks are nevertheless AFAIK not available.

Smart Device Development..
   (Win 7 mobile/ Android/ IOS ) GDC for rescue ? On Android D To Java ?

Consuming SOAP/REST..
ATM std.XML is not really perfect. So going a step ahead and asking for parsing WSDL files to generate appropriate D code would not make too much sense. Further : Some Services require Certificate authentication. Another No Go. No Crypto lib.

Don't get me wrong, I like D! Otherwise I would not have followed D for meanwhile 5-6 years.

Without having an DB-Object Relational Mapper, Crypt/Decrypt- extended XML support, PDF creation, Reporting, and XML related tools and (mucho importante) localization support, D is not an option for us --at the moment.

 So ... Being a bit enthusiastic about D's progress ? Sure!
Leaving the planet, went to outer space with a D Type _2_ Rocket made by BOING engineer W.B. ? Risky ;)

A+
Bjoern