On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 19:57:14 +0100, Alex Rønne Petersen <xtzgzo...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 03-01-2012 16:44, Martin Nowak wrote:
On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 15:39:34 +0100, Alex Rønne Petersen
<xtzgzo...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 03-01-2012 13:36, Trass3r wrote:
I honestly wouldn't know where to add or search for a test case.
It doesn't really matter where they go. A collection of test cases
with a theme to them might go in a named file, a random one might be
appended to any of the test* files.

Won't this potentially lead to test duplication?
Considering that the testsuite already takes quite some time to run this
isn't a desirable trend imho.

Test duplication isn't necessarily a bad thing. In my experience, it
often happens that a tiny difference between two seemingly equal tests
can be all that matters.

On the other hand, grouping tests into files based on language
features might be a good idea. If anything, to be able to navigate the
test suite.

- Alex

There is some opportunity in creating systematic feature tests backed
with coverage analysis. There are still too many uncovered areas.
This not only helps to find remaining bugs but gives a specification
like overview of a feature state.

I still say D needs a formal specification more than a test suite as some kind of excuse for a specification. (And no, I don't consider d-p-l.org a spec; a guide at best.)

- Alex

I'd still like to see that the website, language specification and
specification tests become the same.