On Saturday, 7 January 2012 at 05:22:47 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Wednesday, 21 December 2011 at 22:56:36 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
Now that typedef is deprecated in D2, how should libraries that support both D1 and D2 adjust? Should it be simply changed to an alias, or replaced with a string mixin hack? What's the impact of changing typedefs to aliases in a widely-used library?

Here's a proposed patch:
http://dump.thecybershadow.net/3c5de02d8929799da17b3dbeabfa3576/typedef.diff

The TypeDef template is defined in basetsd.d (third file in diff).

Seems to work with D1 and D2.

Perhaps we should wait for the upcoming TypeDef library type in Phobos for D2?

I'll commit it if there are no objections/suggestions...

Committed (revision 372).