On Thursday, January 19, 2012 22:33:30 Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> Regardless of your preferences, the majority of the D community likes to
> have a standard library, so there's no reason to just stop shipping it
> (even though I don't think that's what you're suggesting).

Most languages have fairly large standard libraries. If anything, Phobos is
small. Just look at languages like C#, python, or Java. Many programmers now
expect large standard libraries. They don't prevent you from using 3rd party
solutions if you want to, but they make the language a lot easier to use.

- Jonathan M Davis