On 01/26/2012 09:51 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2012-01-26 17:08, bls wrote:
On 01/26/2012 07:51 AM, Trass3r wrote:
Sorry for my ignorance but why should one use DStep instead of htod
in order to port plain vanilla C headers ? I have to admit that I
haven't tried DStep yet.

htod is Windows-only.

And it sucks.
For example it drops const, runs the preprocessor instead of turning
preprocessor directives into proper D equivalents, horribly messes up
the comments (esp. comments for enum members),...

Ok,Thanks for clarification! Seems that DStep is a missing link in the D
tool-chain and should be part of the DMD package
I'll try DStep ASAP on libxml2 and libxslt. Will let you know how it
works for me.
Thanks, Bjoern

DStep has nothing to do with XML. It uses the Clang C API to create D
bindings.

libxml2 is a plain c library
http://xmlsoft.org/

libxslt dito.
http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/

?? May you mix it up. In order to create *bindings* to C++ libs doxygens xml output seems to be perfect.

To _port_ C headers DStep is probaly the right tool. But I just see that I have to build llvm and what the heck.. :(

Now, in order to parse doxygens xml output std.xml is not good enough. In other words it would be nice to have libxml2 as D lib available.