On Sun, 2012-01-29 at 09:17 -0500, bearophile wrote:
> Denis Shelomovskij:
>
> > Am I mistaken? If no, am I missing some major spaces advantages? If no,
> > lets use tabs.
>
> D2 style guide should *require* D2 to be edited using a mono-spaced font, and
> the D2 front-end should enforce this with a "-ms" compiler switch.

Surely this is a level of fascism too far (*).  Using monospace fonts is
just so 1960s, the era of typewriters and 80x25 terminals.  Personally I
am living in an era where monitors deal with proportional fonts which
every experiment done shows are easier to read. Why do so many
programmers hanker for the 1960s and the necessity of monospace fonts,
it seems irrational.

(*) Go imposes these sorts of rules, well at least brace placement and
indentation levels, and it really irritates.
--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.win...@ekiga.net