On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 06:46:42 +0100, Adam Wilson <flybo...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 18:20:13 -0800, Martin Nowak <d...@dawgfoto.de> wrote:

Hi Kenji,

It appears to be a problem related to my DI generation patch. But I don't know near enough about cast.c to reduce the problem quickly, my guess is that druntime and phobos are excepting something to exist in the DI that the patch strips out, but that's only a guess. As you can see, the DI file itself is generated without any errors, this assert seems to come afterwards. Does D export the .DI file then try to use it during compilation of the .D file?

No it doesn't.

That makes this even weirder then, because the DI seems to generate itself just fine and the problems are all afterwards. Well, I've got an email out to Walter to see what he has to say on the subject.

This would be a lot simpler if you'd show us the modifications for DI gen.