On 12/02/2012 18:36, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
I'm currently trying to use D without a gc and didn't have major problems so
far. A minor
issues is that struct.toString() returns a string and this will almost allways
leak memory
when this is called.
The question now is, can I change the return type of struct.toString()
somewhere inside
druntime or is it hardcoded in the compiler?
<snip>

If you create a struct, you can declare a method called toString with whatever return type you want. Though it usually isn't a good idea.

What, exactly, are you planning to do with this non-string string
representation of a struct?

Stewart.