Am 12.02.2012 15:23, schrieb Nick Sabalausky:
"Paulo Pinto"<pj...@progtools.org>  wrote in message

So in the end you just get an already existing language, but with
different syntax.

So it is not worth the effort designing such languages.

Where are you getting the crazy idea that the GC is the only non-syntactic
improvement D has vs C/C++?

Additionally, you keep implying that the syntactic improvements are
unimportant, or at least insignificant. Rediculous. Even if the GC were the
only non-syntactic improvement and all the other changes were syntax (which
isn't even true anyway), the syntax alone would absolutely be a worthwhile
improvement over C or C++.

Because I see it as a wasted effort that could be better spent in other areas D needs.

There already other languages with manual memory management like Ada or Pascal, which in my personal opinion have a much better syntax and module systems than C or C++.

--
Paulo