On 02/16/2012 09:16 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
"Jonathan M Davis"<jmdavisp...@gmx.com>  wrote in message

Seriously?&&  and || are _way_ more readible, because they're obviously
not
functions or variables. It's immediately obvious what the operators are
when
scanning code. That's not the case when the operators are words instead of
symbols. I'm certain that you'd have quite a few programmers up in arms if
you
tried to change&&  to "and" and || to "or." And having multiple operators
which do exactly the same thing is a horrible idea which reduces code
readibility. So, even adding them as alternate options is a really bad
idea
IMHO.

I'm surprised that anyone would think that and was better than&&.

This is why I think people are nuts when they claim that english-like
VB-style syntax is more readable than C-style.

(Yea, to a grandmother with zero programming experience english-like
languages are more readable. For a programmer it's worse becase code !=
english.)

Any language that is designed to be easy for amateurs to use will be used by amateurs, and only by amateurs.

Yes, avoid making the language unnecessarily hard for beginners, but don't in any way compromises the language to do so.