On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:21:33AM +0100, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Monday, 20 February 2012 at 23:12:36 UTC, James Miller wrote:
> >Windows has not, historically, been a pleasant platform to develop
> >lower-level code for
>
> I couldn't disagree with that more, especially if you're comparing
> to something like linux. The linux console is a big pain.
[...]

Weird. I guess I must be a very strange person, because I find that my
productivity soars at the command-line, but when I'm forced to used
Windows, productivity drops to 20% because of all that keyboard-to-mouse
switching and clicking through endless layers of menus just to get one
thing done.

But to each his own. At my previous job I spent 2 hours wrestling with
MS Word to produce a half-page document with the right formatting, yet
"normal" people can do that in 10 minutes (because they don't care about
the ugly formatting). In that same 10 minutes I can produce a 2 page
document in LaTeX with far superior formatting. I guess that makes me a
weirdo. :-)

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section
in a swimming pool. -- Edward Burr