On 2/21/2012 12:33 AM, Manu wrote:
On 21 February 2012 01:22, Walter Bright <newshou...@digitalmars.com
<mailto:newshou...@digitalmars.com>> wrote:

    On 2/20/2012 3:28 AM, Manu wrote:

        Even size_t is often
        broken in C. I have worked on 64bit systems with 32bit pointers where
        size_t was
        still 64bit, but ptrdiff_t was 32bit (I think PS3 is like this, but
maybe my
        memory fails me)

    I don't know how that could be considered C standard compliant.

I don't know about you, but I very rarely get to work with a C compiler that is
'standards compliant'.. that concept is kinda like a cruel joke in my
experience. Does one even exist? :)

The C99 Standard sez:

"The types are ptrdiff_t which is the signed integer type of the result of subtracting two pointers; size_t which is the unsigned integer type of the result of the sizeof operator;"

I don't know of any excuse for getting this wrong.