On 2012-02-22 23:33, Bernard Helyer wrote:
On Wednesday, 22 February 2012 at 22:05:51 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
Then what happens when you have

dmc -c foo/a.d foo_a.d

Good point.

Regardless, I really wouldn't like the idea of screwing with the
object file
names to try and avoid collisions.

Well, the thing is in this case everything is being passed to the
compiler. It knows the names of everything. But yeah, I think
complaining is fine _if_ dmd allows individual modules to be named
explicitly. Otherwise, all in one is good. But really, even prefixing it
would be better than what we have now. What about 'module.foo_a.o' if
foo_a isn't in a package?

See my reply to Jonathan:

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/svyqjflmabsxabmnp...@forum.dlang.org?page=2#post-ji56kf:242j8p:241:40digitalmars.com

--