I love the newsgroup interface.

I hate it when it starts saying shit like "load = 2045 gt 2000. Please
try again later" Especially when I'm posting a message.

Is this a common problem with news servers? Is there some way to fix this?

I think it's a configuration on the news server that indicates it's overloaded. Probably it's time to scale up a bit (bigger machine or a second machine).

This affects the Web interface too, if the NNTP server is too loaded it can't serve the Web interface either.