Le 06/03/2012 21:00, Timon Gehr a écrit :
On 03/06/2012 07:13 PM, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
(Also, seriously, I think you're over-dramatizing the Java variable
naming thing; I rarely see names that are as bad as you claim...)

It is not only about single names, but also about how many times you
have to spell them out in short intervals.

try{
SqlConstraintViolatedExceptionFactoryWrapper
sqlConstraintViolatedExceptionFactoryWrapper = new
SqlConstraintViolatedExceptionFactoryWrapper(new
SqlConstraintViolatedExceptionFactory(...));
SqlConstraintViolatedException sqlConstraintViolatedException =
sqlConstraintViolatedExceptionFactory.createSqlConstraintViolatedException(...);

throw sqlConstraintViolatedException;
}catch(SqlConstraintViolatedExceptionFactoryWrapperException e){
// ...
}catch(SqlConstraintViolatedExceptionFactoryException e){
// ...
}

Deliberately over-dramatized.

As I said, names comes in a context. Overly long names tell about the fact that the name isn't at the right place and things should be refactored, to provide a nice place to that named stuff.

auto helps too.