On 3/6/2012 7:08 PM, Sean Kelly wrote:
Minor point, but some apps are designed such that segfaults are intended. I
worked on a DB that dynamically mapped memory in the segfault handler and
then resumed execution.  Since D is a systems languages, very few assumptions
can be made about error conditions.

Yes, and I've written a GC implementation that relied on intercepting invalid page writes to construct its list of 'dirty' pages.

There's nothing in D preventing one from doing that, although for sure such code will be very, very system specific.

What I'm talking about is the idea that one can recover from seg faults resulting from program bugs.