On 3/9/2012 2:41 PM, Timon Gehr wrote:
On 03/09/2012 11:32 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
This statement is from Linus Torvalds about breaking binary compatibility:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/3/8/495

While I don't think we need to worry so much at the moment about
breaking binary compatibility with new D releases, we do have a big
problem with breaking source code compatibility.

This is why we need to have a VERY high bar for breaking changes.

Most bug fixes are breaking changes. I don't think we are there yet.

There have been some gratuitous ones, in my not-so-humble opinion. Those need to stop.