"Nick Sabalausky" <a@a.a> wrote in message
news:jjgtjn$1aqm$1...@digitalmars.com...
> "H. S. Teoh" <hst...@quickfur.ath.cx> wrote in message
>>
>> I root for indie games. That's where the real creativity's at.
>> Creativity has died in big-budget games years ago.
>>

> Absolutely. [...]

There are some rare but notable exceptions, though:

The first three Splinter Cells are among my favorite games ever.

As much as I hate Valve, I have to admit, both Portal games are phenomenal
(although Portal itself is ultimately rooted in indie-land via Narbacular
Drop).

And Japan can still be relied on as much as ever to produce some very good
games: MegaMan 9, Kororinpa, No More Heroes, Resident Wiivil 4, probably
half the games Atlus publishes like 3D Dot Game Heroes, etc. (Although I
guess many of those aren't really "big-budget". But they're not strictly
indie either.)