On 11/03/2012 20:59, Ary Manzana wrote:
On 03/11/2012 05:33 PM, Stewart Gordon wrote:
<snip>
Because that's what Javadoc relies on as a means for a program
distributed in binary form to call custom code.

What do you mean by "custom code"?

Code written and compiled by a user of the tool, of course. Or maybe written by a third party unconnected with the tool's creator.

<snip>
Replace it. Macros to document code? I think that's a bit too much...

The advantage of a macro system is that it's easily extensible by the user. Does your proposed system provide this?

<snip>
And you can always make a tool to convert ddoc to the new format (I believe
with ddoc
macros?)
<snip>

You mean make a tool that leaves D code unchanged, but uses the ddoc macro system to convert documentation comments to the new format?

Stewart.