On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 03:50:49 +0100, Nick Sabalausky <a@a.a> wrote:

"Simen Kjærås" <simen.kja...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:op.wa28iobk0gp...@biotronic.lan...
On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 21:07:06 +0100, Walter Bright
<newshou...@digitalmars.com> wrote:

On 3/11/2012 12:32 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
I'm convinced that colleges in general produce very bad programmers. The good programmers who have degrees, for the most part (I'm sure there are
rare exceptions), are the ones who learned on their own, not in a
classroom.

Often the best programmers seem to have physics degrees!

Eugh. Physicist programmers tend to use one-letter variable names in my
experience. Makes for... interesting reading of their code.

D is great for physics programming. Now you can have much, much more than 26
variables :)

True, though mostly, you'd just change to using greek letters, right?

Finally we can use θ for angles, alias ulong ℕ...