On 12/03/12 01:20, Walter Bright wrote:
On 3/11/2012 2:57 PM, Caligo wrote:
And just for the record, there are software projects that are millions
of lines of code in C/C++ and have ZERO workarounds. Also, I have
never encountered a bug in GCC when programming in C++, even when
trying out the latest C++11.

GCC itself is fairly bug free,

I had used g++ for a grand total of three hours before I found a wrong-code regression -- the absolute worst category of bug. I've never found a DMD bug which was significantly worse than that one.

GCC is much more mature than the DMD front-end, of course, but I don't think it's any more bug-free than the DMD back-end.

but then again I don't push it that hard.
The runtime library, more specifically the math functions, are
erratically buggy. (This is why Phobos has its own implementations of
those functions, rather than simply forwarding to gcc's library
versions.) The ld linker on OSX is pretty awful, as in costing me much
time in devising workarounds.