A few months ago, I remember reading in a thread in this group that Andrei is working on an Allocator design for the standard library. I'd like to know if this is still actively being worked on, and if so, if there's a (rough) ETA.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm working on a piece of code where I really need to have control over both object lifetime and memory layout. I could come up with some allocator design which will suit my needs for now, but if there's a standard design coming out soon I'd prefer to use that instead.